Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Why it just needs to be entertaining

Sunday, I had some free time and decided to rent the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and watch it with my brother. And I got to say, it entertained me. Yeah, I know that it wasn't the best acted or directed. The plot wasn't the greatest and it was kind of stupid. But, sitting there with my brother, I couldn't help but have fun. And that was the point of the movie.



A movie like Turtles is not meant to be anything more than that. It is supposed to let you forget the world for a little while. It is supposed to entertain. And it doesn't have to be anything more. Yeah, it would by a bonus if it was well acted and directed. It would be a bonus if it had a great plot and a good script. But I don't go into a movie like this expecting that. As long as I come out of the movie having had fun, I am happy.

I think there is a similar thing with comedies. It can be stupid and the plot can make no sense, but if it makes you laugh, it did it's job. And I don't know if audiences should ask more than that. Turtles and Transformers should be entertaining. 22 Jump Street and Bridesmaids should me funny. A horror should scare you. That is what they are. And that is what you should expect them to be.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a movie that can be fun if you are watching with friends. And that is great and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment