Monday, January 5, 2015

Movies to look forward to in 2015

2015 is going to be a massive year of movies. It would have been even bigger if other movies did move back to 2016. To get this year started I thought I would give a list of 12 movies to look out for. One for each month. These are movies that piqued my interest. This doesn't mean they all will be good. But that is what the next 12 months are for.

January

January is not the month known for great movies. It's the month that studios have mostly dropped movies they don't believe in or they think are bad. It's is also the month that studios drop movies that they don't think can compete in the Oscar race. But still there are movies. I could have picked Blackhat, The Loft, or Inherent Vice. But as good as those might end up being, and they be better than the one I picked, there was one movie that just makes me so curious: Strange Magic. 


The next film from Lucasfilm that nobody heard about till November, 2014. Yes, it could be generic and bad, but it looks beautiful and boasts a great cast of voice actors.

February

Once again, not a month known for movies. But it did give us The Lego Movie last year. Maybe it can do that again this year. I was tempted to put Jupiter Ascending or Focus, but I had to go with the comic book adaption, Kingsman: The Secret Service.


A movie that stars Colin Firth and directed by X-men: First Class helmer Matthew Vaughn. It could be a fun little action movie. Did I mention Samuel L. Jackson? Well, he is there, too.

March

A month that is known for being a month of wild cards. From Hunger Games to Alice in Wonderland, March has produced some interesting movies. The Divergent sequel, Insurgent, hits March 20, a week after the live-action Cinderella, this month belongs to Chappie.


The director of District 9? Check. Hugh Jackman , Dev Patel, and Sigourney Weaver? Check. A cute robot? Check. On to April!

April

Not much currently scheduled here yet. Though The Duff  looks like a cute film. But this was easy: Furious 7


Paul Walker's last hurrah. Plus, should be a fun action film from James Wan and the rest of the Fast & the Furious crew.

May

The star of summer. So many films, so little time. Tomorrowland, Pitch Perfect 2, Mad Max: Fury Road, San Andreas. But of course, my pick has to be no surprise, Avengers: Age of Ultron.


The next Marvel movie. If you are not excited for this, than you probably aren't a superhero movie fan.

June

The return of a bad mouth bear in Ted 2 and the return of an old franchise with Jurassic Park, but I have to go with the return of Pixar, Inside Out.


Pixar sat out 2014. But they return with Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. Inside Out takes place in the head of people and focuses on emotions. I am just so excited for this movie and I don't think I can wait for June.

July

Terminator returns. Pixels, Pan, Magic Mike XXL all are wild cards that could end up being good. But this one has to go to Marvel once again with Ant-Man. 


A movie that already has some much being said about it. So, come July, it will time to put up or shut up.

August

The Fantastic Four is set to hit theaters here, but as curious about the reboot as I am, I can't bring myself to pick it. I have to give the nod to The Man from U.N.C.L.E.


Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer as super spies sounds like a lot of fun to me.

September

Not much here. So, I will go with Black Mass.


A good old gangster movie. Johnny Depp stars. It could be fun. Just needs a little more detail before I am completely sold on it.

October

Disney's The Jungle Book is set for October. So is Olympus has Fallen's sequel, London has Fallen, and Jem and the Holograms. But right now, Crimson Peak wins the month.


Guillermo del Toro is finally directing a horror movie again. If that is not enough, Tom Hiddleson, Mia Wasikowska, and Jessica Chastain are all set to star. I am not a big fan of horror movies, but for some reason I am looking forward to this one.


November

Pixar could land here again with The Good Dinosaur. Or the next Bond film, Spectre. But the conclusion to the worldwide phenomena, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2.


The conclusion to big franchises can be a lot of fun. And I believe the last one was the best of the bunch. This movie is going to hit it big.

December

Though there is other movies coming out, they all get overshadowed by Star Wars: The Force Awakens. 

A movie that people have been waiting for for decades. The movie that people are hoping to erase the taste of the prequels out of their mouth. A movie with high hopes and even higher chances of disappointing people.


No comments:

Post a Comment